RE: RPCServ.exe

  • From: "Hocine Yahi" <HYahi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 11:55:40 +0200

Thanx

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Deen [mailto:pdeen@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, April 27, 2004 8:15 AM
To: [ExchangeList]
Subject: [exchangelist] RE: RPCServ.exe

http://www.MSExchange.org/

Hello,
 I recently went through this same issue. This is a known issue with
GroupShield 6.0 for Exchange.

Mcafee has released a 'Patch 1' and several hotfixes working towards
resolving this issue. They say they will have a service pack out
hopefully soon, but in the mean time the Patch 1 and two hotfixes fixed
me right up with the RPC errors.

 I would recommend contacting them directly to find out which hotfixes
are right for the exact issue you are experiencing. It is my
understanding that different hotfixes resolve different issues with RPC
errors. Most of the fixes are in their download section after login with
your Grant number. But some are on a per issue basis and they will email
you the hotfix.

Or just go back to GroupShield 5.2 SP1 until the Service Pack for GS6 is
released.

Hope this helps,
Paul