RPC Over HTTPS....

  • From: "Ian Roberts" <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 07:53:55 -0700

Hi ! Been struggling to get RPC over HTTPS working for some time now.
Wondered if anyone in the group had a similar problem and hopefully was
able to fix it.

I'm running SBS 2003 Premium Edition. I can get it to work from within my
lan, by checking connection properties I can see I'm connected using
https, so I'm fairly sure my client configuration is correct. The rpc over
http proxy is installed and I've double checked my registry entries and
permissions on the rpc virtual directory.

When I try to connect to my Exchange Server using rpc over https
externally it will prompt me for my password then just hang and eventually
say "The Exchange Server is not available" or similar.

If I then go to %systemroot%\system32\Logfiles\HTTPERR in the logfile I
get an entry in the log like:-

2004-12-02 17:47:33 192.168.0.1 38434 192.168.0.1 443 HTTP/1.0
RPC_OUT_DATA /rpc/rpcproxy.dll?myserver.mydomain.com:6002 - 1
Connection_Dropped

Anyone have any ideas how I can get this to work ?

Many thanks in advance