RECEIVING EXTERNAL EMAIL PROBLEM, EXCHANGE 2000

  • From: "lemoore" <lemoore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2004 07:47:36 -0600

problem:

created my home domain in anticipation of buying the domain name
cobblerz.net but instead bought cobblerz.co.uk because it ended up being
available. this wasn't a problem until i registered my dns and created mx
records to receive mail on my exchange server. mail is not being delivered
and it struck me the difference in the .net and .co.uk si what might be
causing it. i've looked around the web and am pretty sure there is no way
to now configure mail properly for my domain without changing the name of
it to .co.uk. as you cannot rename a win2k domain in native mode, is there
is anything i can do to sort this problem out? indeed, is this the
problem?

.can i create a child domain .co.uk and move everything to that?

help help help, i need email !

thanks a lot