RE: Questions about RPC over HTTP

  • From: "Michael B. Smith" <michael@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 10:05:22 -0500

That is old school - pre-RTM of Exchange 2003.

You don't dare open port 593 - and it isn't required anyway - that's
RPC.
And port 6002 is no longer required.

You need to talk to the server that is doing the RPC-proxy, and you need
ports 6001 and 6004 and you need the internal FQDN, the external FQDN,
and the NetBIOS name. For some companies the internal FQDN and the
external FQDN are the same. The external FQDN should be the same thing
as whatever FQDN you have the SSL certificate for.