Problems connecting activesync to exchange server...

  • From: "Marvin Cummings" <marvc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Exchange2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 22:13:33 -0500

I'm having the "darn-dest" time getting my pocket pc pda phone to connect
and sync to my exchange 2003 server when cradled. I get the following error
upon synchronization:

Unable to connect. Verify your dialup or proxy settings are correct, and try
again. Error code: CONNMGR_36.

No help from level t-mobile 3 support so I figure I'd try to my hand here. A
search on Google returns one hit stating:

http://www.cewindows.net/faqs/activesync/mis.htm

There is a synchronization limit of 373 top level folders that can be
synchronized with MIS with Pocket PC 2002.  Windows Mobile 2003 does not
have this limit.  You may see errors like "CONNMGR_36

Being that I just installed the exchange server and haven't had this device
for a full month, I don't think I've reached any limits. I've also checked
and confirmed that all of the Exchange ActiveSync options are checked
including Enable Outlook Mobile Access.

My activesync settings are as follows:

PC

Enable synchronization when cradled using USB - checked

Include PC when synchronizing remotely and connect to: mylaptop - checked

Server

Calendar, Contacts, Inbox - checked

Server Name: name of my exchange server

User name: user

Password: *******

Domain: corp.mydomain.biz

Is there some other setting I need to configure either on the server,
laptop, or device? Would there be anyone here that can elaborate on this
error for me? I'm waiting for notification on upgrading from PPC 2002 to
2003 but I'm hoping this isn't an issue as I'm thinking PPC 2002 should be
able to communicate with ex2k3.

Many Thanks In Advance