[ExchangeList] Re: Problem setting up Microsoft Exchange Active Sync

  • From: "Todd Lemmiksoo" <tlemmiksoo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 11:40:29 -0400

Thanks Rick.

________________________________

From: exchangelist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:exchangelist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Rick Boza
Sent: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 11:04 AM
To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ExchangeList] Re: Problem setting up Microsoft Exchange Active
Sync

While its definitely easier with a cert purchased from a trusted root,
all that is involved in getting it to work with a cert from your own CA
is installing a copy of your cert onto the device.

See http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc182295.aspx and
http://www.jacco2.dds.nl/networking/windowsmobile-certinstall.html for
info.

Rick

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 10:56 AM, Todd Lemmiksoo
<tlemmiksoo@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

        Thanks Chris. I don't think I can get the President of our
company to pay for a commercial certificate right now. This is the only
mobile device that would be using ActiveSync.