Problem sending mail to AOL sometimes

  • From: "rob freeman" <rob@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 15:57:07 -0500

I have a strange problem.  Our company sends invoices to customers at night
through an automated program that send emails out of outlook to our exchange
2000 server.  Lately, we have had troubles sending them to AOL users.  This
does not happen every day, but once or twice a week.  I checked the smtp logs,
and I can see where we send the message to AOL.  We never receive back a DNR,
but the AOL user never gets the email.  Now, when they send a message to
someone in the company about not getting their invoice, the user attaches the
invoice and sends the mail.  The AOL user gets it.

So, I decided to add a 2nd address to a few of my AOL accounts that have an
email sent at night.  I added a yahoo, hotmail, and a few custom email
accounts.  Day 1 of the test, everyone gets an invoice.

Day 2, none of the AOL users get an email, but the test accounts all get an
email.

Is there a reason why this is happening?  Is AOL changing something?  I checked
on the spam lists and did not see anything that would have my company listed as
blocked.

Thanks in advanced.

Rob