Problem SMTP Authenticates Differently than IMAP

  • From: "Lloyd Williams" <Williams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 13:20:20 -0500

 Hi I am setting up Mac OS X clients with entourage. Microsoft's
implementation for Macs uses IMAP.
For users to access there E-mail it seems the user account has to be
given in the form
DOMAIN\ACCOUNT\ALIAS
However when the user sends a message I get an error that the SMTP
server fails to authenticate.
If they re-enter there user account in the form simply ACCOUNT then the
message goes through.
Is there any way to get the SMTP server and IMAP server to uses the same
way of entering the account and  password
Thanks in advance
Lloyd