Re: Port 25

  • From: "John Tolmachoff \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 11:47:17 -0700

> If your ISP are so hopeless that they think blocking all outbound mail
from
> their own customers is the only to control traffic I can only suggest you
> change ISP's ASAP. This is the equivalent of "the client services
telephone
> hepldesk is mowed under with calls so we will just turn off the phone and
> ignoe all the calls"!!!!!

Actually, I would prefer that all ISP's block all outbound port 25 except
for business lines AND when a user documents the need to have outbound port
25 open. You must not be paying attention to the fact that 90% of the
current viruses AND spam is coming directly from compromised home computers.
If their ISP's were blocking outbound port 25...

John Tolmachoff
Engineer/Consultant/Owner
eServices For You