Re: POP3 Connector

  • From: "Joe Smith" <joesmith@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 23:18:11 -0600

We're capable of using Exchange as the mail server, we've just chosen to
keep the prior carrier provided POP3 mailboxes as the front end.  I know
it sounds funny, but really....from a reliability standpoint, their
clustered servers are always up, thus making sure that no important
incoming messages will ever be rejected.  I'd never really thought about
doing it that way until I gained a few customers from other "outsource
partners", and I'd found several deployments of this.  Granted, usually
they are using SBS, and the native POP3 downloader, but thought the idea
would translate well for this deployment as well....that is until I
realized that E2K doesn't come with a native connector.  :-(