[ExchangeList] Outlook/Exchange Addressing problem

  • From: Quang Hong <quanghongtd@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 00:18:20 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I have a mixed Exchange environment: 1 Exchange 2003 server and Exchange 5.5 server.
Right now, all exchange services: the inbound and outbound messages, DL, Public folders, ... are handled by Exchange 2003 server. Messages are going in/out through a antispam mail gateway.

The problem I have is as follows:

When I send a message to an internal address (a mailbox or a contact), say from "user B" <userB@my_local_domain" to user A" userA@my_local_domain, because the message is internal, it should not pass to the antispam mail gateway. But it is not the case.

I saw the message going to the gateway with the address "user A" userA@my_local_domain become "user A" <?????????>. The problem could be fixed if I just delete .SRS and .XML files from the user B's Outlook folder. But it is OK for sometime until the same problem appear again. Sometime it work right away, sometime, I have to do it more than once before the problem fixed.

On my Exchange server I saw Event ID 8197: MSExchangeFBPublish error. I will do something to iron out this error. However, I don't know whether this event has anything to my problem.

Anyone please help me urgently. I am gratefully looking forward to hearing from you very soon.

Thanks a lot.