Outlook Public folder access

  • From: Tom Kern <tpkern@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangemail <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 13:34:35 -0500

I have a user who is running Outlook 2003 on a Win XP client in an untrusted
win NT 4.0 domain.
His mailbox is in an win2k forest on exchange 2k.

He can log into his mailbox after entering credentials and see the PF
hierarchy.
However, when he tries to view the content of public folders he has reviewer
or editor perms on, he gets access denied.

Has anyone had this issue?

Is windows not able to process the perms on public folders correctly if the
user is logging in from an untrusted domain?

Also, we have netbios/tcp disabled in the Exchange forest.

I'm not sure if that would be an issue.

Thanks alot