RE: Outlook 2000

  • From: "Mark Hippenstiel" <M.Hippenstiel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 10:35:27 +0200

Hi CMO,

This is not really an exchange question, but nevertheless: if you have
deleted the profile manually and not yet emptied the recycle bin, you
may be able to recover the pst file. The pst file is just an ordinary
file that resides within the user profile by default (talking more
recent Office and Windows versions of course).

Unless you have installed some unerase tool, you'll be lost. I don't
know however if it's possible to install such a tool and recover
previously deleted objects, imho this doesn't work.

In case you're using Exchange, you should consider reviewing your
configuration, there is no need to have a pst file in place when Outlook
is an Exchange client.

Mark