[ExchangeList] Re: OWA Max connections

  • From: "Taylor, George" <GTaylor@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 14:12:45 -0600

I run our OWA frontend server on a VM, giving it a single processor and
384meg of RAM.  I just looked at the performance stats via Virtual
Center, memory usage has peaked at about 150meg, CPU has never gone
above 12%, disk I/O stays below 100KBps except during nightly backups
and Network I/O runs around 350-400Kbps.  We average 300 - 350
concurrent OWA users.  On a dedicated dual cpu machine with lots of RAM
I would look at your NIC as being your first point for a bottleneck, if
your running a good gig connection there I'd agree, thousands easily.

George Taylor
Systems Programmer
Regional Health Inc.

  _____