OWA Login Problem- FAILED TO CONNECT TO THE MICROSOFT EXCHANGE SERVER <SERVER NAME>

  • From: "Todd" <tmoss@xxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 11:04:03 -0600

Has anyone seen this?

When a User logs into Webmail they sparatically receive the error

FAILED TO CONNECT TO T HE MICROSOFT EXCHANGE SERVER <SERVER NAME>

I know that when a user logs into Webmail, a temp file is created and when
they log out these files are supposed to disappear.  (I think this was
fixed with exchange service pack 2 or 3).

In our case, the temp files are piling up and not disappearing.  We are
running Windows 2000 with Exchange 5.5 sp4 on 2 webmail servers and are
seeing the same thing on both.

The only way to beat this problem that I have found so far is to schedule
an IIS service restart every other day.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Todd