Re: OT: Documented Difference between exchange 2003 and exchange in Small Business Edition

  • From: "Paul Lemonidis" <Paul_Lemonidis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 18:37:23 -0000

Hi ya

I am no expert on SBS but here is what I do know.

It has an additional POP3 mailbox connector. This allows for configuring individual mailboxes on the server to receive POP3 mail from ISP's directly in to a users Exchange mailbox on the actual server. This feature is unique to SBS although it can be purchased as a third party add-on for Exchange.

Thinking about it I don't think it has any other connector's other than for basic internet connectivity. No RGC's etc.

Also as SBS cannot join an existing Domain Forest, as result of being the root server for a newly created one. This is part of the basic install and cannot be changed. This in turn means it cannot share the GAL without third party tools.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Paul Lemonidis.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Technical" <tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>