[ExchangeList] Re: OT: Active Directory

  • From: "John T (Lists)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 00:08:16 -0700

On the 2 new servers, install Windows 2003 from the beginning. When you
promote them to domain controllers of an existing forest and domain, they
will go in as Windows 2000 domain level. (Make sure your existing domain
controllers are in 2000 native mode and completely up to date.) Once you
transfer all services and roles, you would then demote the old servers one
at a time and leave say 3-5 days if you have the time available and then
remove them from the domain and then shut them down. At that point, you
could then raise the active directory level from windows 2000 to Windows
2003 native.

John T

eServices For You

"Seek, and ye shall find!"