OMA Problem: Event ID 1503

  • From: "Mustafa Cicek" <mbcicek@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 06:45:07 -0700

Hi!
We have Exchange 2003 on a Windows 2003 server.
We have big problem with OWA.
When connecting from IE for testing, we are
> getting error "  A System error has occurred while processing your request.
> Please try again. If the problem persists, contact your administrator."
> after the authentication prompt and after successfully authenticated.
>
> - Have Exchange 2003 / SP1 / ASP.NET with device update 4.0 / No Frontend
> server / Form based Authentication. OWA works without any problems.
>
> - Have exactly applied KB 817379: Doesn't make any difference
>
> - Getting an error in the application log: MSExchangeOMA / Category (1000) /
> Event Id 1503.
> An unknown error occurred while processing the current request:
> Message: The remote server returned an error: (501) Not Implemented.
> Source: Microsoft.Exchange.OMA.ExchangeDataProvider
> Stack trace:
>    at
> Microsoft.Exchange.OMA.ExchangeDataProvider.OmaWebRequest.GetRequestStream()
>    at

Microsoft.Exchange.OMA.ExchangeDataProvider.ExchangeServices.GetSpecialFolders()

>    at
> Microsoft.Exchange.OMA.ExchangeDataProvider.ExchangeServices..ctor(UserInfo
> user)
> Message: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
> Source: mscorlib
> Stack trace:
>    at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.InternalInvoke(BindingFlags
> invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean
> isBinderDefault)
>    at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.Invoke(BindingFlags
> invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
>    at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder
> binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes)
>    at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, BindingFlags bindingAttr,
> Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[]
> activationAttributes)
>    at Microsoft.Exchange.OMA.UserInterface.Global.Session_Start(Object
> sender, EventArgs e)
> Message: Exception of type
> Microsoft.Exchange.OMA.DataProviderInterface.ProviderException was thrown.
> EventMessage:
> UserMessage: A System error has occurred while processing your request.
> Please try again. If the problem persists, contact your administrator.
> Source: Microsoft.Exchange.OMA.UserInterface
> Stack trace:
>    at Microsoft.Exchange.OMA.UserInterface.Global.Session_Start(Object
> sender, EventArgs e)
>    at System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateModule.CompleteAcquireState()
>    at System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateModule.BeginAcquireState(Object
> source, EventArgs e, AsyncCallback cb, Object extraData)
>    at

System.Web.AsyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecutionStep.Execute()

>    at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean&
> completedSynchronously)

PLEASE HELP!!!
Mustafa