RE: New E2k Servers

  • From: "Fares Rihani (Personal)" <Fares@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 09:08:02 -0400

Hey Luke,

Basically, you need to make sure that relaying for that particular
domain is allowed and configured correctly.  If this server is a SMTP
service on a server then click on Internet Services Manager, Default
SMTP Virtual Server, Domains, and look for the domains you want to
receive on.
Here you might find abc.com and serverA.abc.com.  You could just
continue to add the specific sub-domains here or you could use a
wildcard character as follows: *.abc.com

If you are on the Exchange server, open Exchange System Manager,
Recipient Policies, Default Policy (Or whichever policy you want to
configure)
Under the Email Addresses Policy, you will have to add, without
wildcards, the domains you are setting up to receive on.   Click on New,
SMTP address, type in serverB.abc.com and make sure the option "This
Exchange Organization is responsible for all mail delivery to this
address"  is checked.

Now to test, open a command prompt, & type
        telnet localhost 25
        helo
        mail from: bogus@xxxxxxx
        rcpt to: bogus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You should not get the denied relay message.

Good luck.

Fares