NDR When sending message

  • From: "Ion Gott" <Ion.Gott@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 13:24:37 -0800

Has anyone seen an NDR like this before with many question marks in it and a
letter?

How is the best way to track this down?

        ????????????m??@domain.com on 2/1/2006 3:28 PM

The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to.
Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the
correct address.

I end up receiving a 5.1.1 "Bad Address" error code back as well from the
Exchange server.

When I do a message tracking in Exchange 2003 I also see the message as being
sent to:

C=US;A= ;P=ExchangeOrgName;O=Los Angeles;DDA:SMTP=????????????m(a)domain.com;

Ion V. Gott