RE: Migrating 3 org 5.5 to 1 new org 2000

  • From: "Joseph B. Martin" <jbmartin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 12:10:37 -0700

Hello:

I have used several of the methods that you have discussed.  My tool of
preference has been Aelita's EMW suite.  It is somewhat complex to
setup, but once you have permissions etc... correct, it works extremely
well.  The one draw back with any green-field migration I have found is
that the data transfer rate is marginal at best.  We have found an
actual perfomance generally in the 500 MB / hr range maximum using a
combination of tools.  Beware of all of the advertised "data migration
rates" by the migration tool companies.  I have found them to all use a
bit of "funny math" when the calculate the actual throughput.

Hope this helps.

rgds,

Joseph B. Martin
jbmartin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx