Mail stuck in Queue. Possible lookup Problem

  • From: "Mike Hogenauer" <MHogenauer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 08:03:19 -0700

All,

I'm running a windows 2003 native domain with exchange 2003 in 3
different sites.

About once a week mail in my local site seems to get stuck and fills up
the mail queue destined for my other 2 exchange servers in my forest.
I've tried all the basic trouble shooting steps including telnet to port
25 on each server.

I do still receive mail internally and can send and receive external
when this happens, I just can't send to my exchange servers in the other
sites.

So I thought it might be a lookup problem in DNS or replication error so
I ran dcdiag against my local DC and this is what I get:

Testing server: Redmond\Servername

    Starting test: Replications

       ......................... Servername passed test Replications

    Starting test: NCSecDesc

       ......................... Servername passed test NCSecDesc

    Starting test: NetLogons

       ......................... Servername passed test NetLogons

    Starting test: Advertising

       ......................... Servername passed test Advertising

    Starting test: KnowsOfRoleHolders

       [ Remote Servername] DsBindWithSpnEx() failed with error 1753,

       There are no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper..

       Warning: Remote Servername is the Schema Owner, but is not
responding to DS RPC Bind.

       [Remote Servername] LDAP search failed with error 58,

       The specified server cannot perform the requested operation..

       Warning: Remote Servername is the Schema Owner, but is not
responding to LDAP Bind.

       Warning: Remote Servername is the Domain Owner, but is not
responding to DS RPC Bind.

       Warning: Remote Servername is the Domain Owner, but is not
responding to LDAP Bind.

       Warning: Remote Servername is the PDC Owner, but is not
responding to DS RPC Bind.

       Warning: Remote Servername is the PDC Owner, but is not
responding to LDAP Bind.

       Warning: Remote Servername is the Rid Owner, but is not
responding to DS RPC Bind.

       Warning: Remote Servername is the Rid Owner, but is not
responding to LDAP Bind.

       Warning: Remote Servername is the Infrastructure Update Owner,
but is not responding to DS RPC Bind.

       Warning: Remote Servername is the Infrastructure Update Owner,
but is not responding to LDAP Bind.

       ......................... Servername failed test
KnowsOfRoleHolders

    Starting test: RidManager

       ......................... Remote Servername failed test
RidManager

Do you I need to configure my local Exchange server to use LDAP? If so
how? Could this be a permissions problem?

Thanks in advance

Mike