MTA issue

  • From: Roger Sam <rogersam75@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 12:16:24 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all

Please help me to resolve this issue

I have 2 servers Exchange 2000 with SP3 on Windows 2000 server SP4 and Exchange
2003 with SP1 on Windows 2003 server SP1 and hardened it according to Exchange
Server 2003 Security Hardening Guide. My public folders are not getting
replicated to the new Exchange 2003 server.
In Event viewer of Exchange 2000 server I am getting events as
Source: MSExchangeMTA
Event ID: 9322
An interface error has occurred. An MtaBindBack over RPC has failed. Locality
Table (LTAB) index: 12, Windows 2000/MTA error code: 1723. Comms error 1723,
Bind error 0, Remote Server Name <mail server>, Protocol String
ncacn_ip_tcp:<mail server>[1335] [BASE IL INCOMING RPC 26 507] (14)

In event viewer of new Exchange 2003 server I am getting events as
Source: MSExchangeMTA
Event ID: 9318
An RPC communications error occurred. Unable to bind over RPC. Locality Table
(LTAB) index: 35, Windows 2000/MTA error code: 1723. Comms error 1723, Bind
error 1723, Remote Server Name <server name> [MAIN BASE 1 500 %10] (14)

When i check for Error code by going to command prompt and hitting net helpmsg
1723, I get The RPC server is too busy to complete this operation.
I restarted the services and both the servers but still getting the same errors
Used nslookup to verify and I can resolve the host by fully qualified domain
name (FQDN).

Please advice what might be the issue and how to resolve the same.

Regards
Roger