RE: MAPI Connections

  • From: "Mulnick, Al" <Al.Mulnick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 13:57:43 -0500

Huh?  How many connection does each client make to an Exchange server store
via MAPI?  Answer: Minimum of three but more are possible.  That's a minimum
if using downlevel clients. I'm looking at my OL 2003 client and it has 5
connections open for one mailbox on a 5.5 server.

5300 MAPI connections for 1900 mailboxes isn't too far off the mark
(considering there is overhead accounts that also have a connection and
mailbox e.g. system mailboxes).

Do you still think the MAPI connections are dead connections?  If so, why?
(1900 * 3 = 5700 so not all clients are active right now, but there are
system accounts creating some connections more than likely).

Al

  _____