RE: Installing Exchange 5.5 on a windows 2000 server computer in a nt domain.

  • From: "Mark Fugatt" <mark@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 12:43:51 -0500

Mike

I have done this a number of times without problems, one thing to be
careful of is the LDAP port, Exchange 5.5 and Windows 2000 Active
Directory use the same LDAP port and this causes problems, so you will
need to chance the LDAP port number for Exchange 5.5 to something like
390 as Windows 2000 Active Directory uses port 389.

Take a look at these knowledgebase articles as well:

Q245785
Q248726
Q224447

Hope this helps

Mark L Fugatt
Pentech Office Solutions Inc
Rochester, NY
www.4mcts.com
Tel:  716 586 3890
Fax: 716 249 0316
Cell: 585 576 4750
For MSN Messenger add mark@xxxxxxxxx to your contacts list
For answer to your Microsoft Exchange questions visit www.msexchange.org
"In God we trust. Everybody else we verify using PGP!"