Illegal operation error when setting up Offline folder

  • From: "Papito Miranda" <papasito122@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 11:24:58 -0400

My dear IT fellows,
Please help me with the following. Using Outlook 2000 Corporate or Workgroup, I am  getting the error "Outlook caused an invalid page fault in module Outllib.dll" when I synchronize offline folder settings. I have done all the followings one by one without success:
1.  Make sure the .ost file is stored on the local computer
2. Rename the Outllib.dll file
3. Rename mapi32.dll and copy the file from the Office 2000 CD back to where it resided.
4. Reinstall Outlook.
Note: This only happens with a particular machine.
Your thoughts are greatly appreciated