IMAP error / Public Folders for Exchange

  • From: Jason Davis <JDavis@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 09:12:38 -0700

Hey guys,

Is anyone familiar with the following error when trying to drag mail from
inbox to public folders using an IMAP client:

"The selected message could not be copied to the destination.

REFERRAL

Imap//.... Blah, blah, ..................         There is no replica for
that mailbox on this server."

When I am connected to Exchange server using Exchange Server client default
settings, there is no problem dragging mail from inbox to Public Folders.
The problem is when I'm accessing Exchange server using an IMAP client
(either locally in-house or remotely from home).

I don't have problems accessing and downloading mail using IMAP.  I get
authenticated without a problem and I can send and receive mail.  Copying
messages to public folders does NOT work.

My exchange server is Version 5.5 running on NT 4.0 domain.

Any ideas?  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

--Jason Davis