High number of RPC operations

  • From: "Amy Kohler" <akohler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 14:45:05 -0500

Researching, I found that there are tools such as LoadSim and JetStress that
are to be used before a rollout. The Microsoft Troubleshooting Exchange
Performance White papers goes over RPC request and operations, but does not
give an example to or refer to low RPC request/High RPC operations. Disk
performance seem to be fine. No redlights here: Disk Reads/sec = below 50
(total) even lower per cpu. Disk writes are a little higher but not bad. Avg.
Disk queue Lenght is very low. Does this help?

http://www.MSExchange.org/

Have you seen the troubleshooting docs on
http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/library site?

Also, have you looked at disk utilization?  What did you see?

Al