Globall address list

  • From: "Lim, Arthus T." <alim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 16:24:36 +0800

Break out ADSIEdit and drill down to the default GAL and remove the
deny.

While in Exchange System Manager I was modifying the rights to an
address book I created under "All Address Lists" to limit some users
from seeing the contents of this list (by unchecking the "allow
inheritable permissions from parent..."). I think I checked a "deny"
permission for "View Address List" for Authenticated Users because now
I'm unable to see this list in Outlook or under "All Address Lists" in
Exchange System Manager. I know it's still there because if I attempt to
create another address list w/ the same name I get an "An address list
with that name already exists."  How can I get the
deny permission cleared?

I read an a post in the web that instructs to break out the adsiedit and
drill down to the default GAL and remove the deny.  But I don't know how
to do this.