RE: Global Address Book

  • From: "Shevill, Mark M SITI-ITDCE22" <Mark.Shevill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 07:18:38 +0100

You would need to use csvde to import a comma seperated file to a
Distribution list. With regards to making the group only visible to some
groups and not others. I am not sure if this can be done. Probably so
but the issue here is that You need to allow access to everyone and
specifically deny access to all except the groups you want to have
access otherwise the deny would overwrite take precidence and no-oe
would be able to see it. The more simple way here is one of two options.
First way is to create a contact and then email it to everyone
concerned. Second way is to create the DL as normal allow it to be
published, Hide the membership and only allow specific users to send to
it. The second one is by far the simplest way.

Mark Shevill
IMG Messaging Technical Lead

Tel: +44 161 435 8709 Fax: +44 161 933 3502 Other Tel: +44 7932 625510
Email: Mark.Shevill@xxxxxxxxx
Internet: http://www.shell.com <http://www.shell.com/>

  _____