Front-end server question-problem accessing mailbox

  • From: "adrian bolzan" <abolzan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 17:57:19 +1000

Hi,

I have finally built a front-end server for exchange, suing Exchange
2003 Standard, SP1.
We have:
1 x exchange Standard SP1 (front-end)
1 x Exchange Enterprise, SP1 (back-end)
We do not use ISA server, and the FE server is in the perimeter network.

I followed the instructions in the technet site:
Chapter 4: Configuring a Front-End Server
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/E2k3FrontBa
ck/48f92d35-75e1-4d8a-8914-fef1893f99d6.mspx

- I did not create any extra virtual servers on the FE server, nor on
the BE server.
- I configured Basic authentication.
- My firewall is allowing all ports through from the FE server to the BE
server.
- I have not disabled the DirectoryAccess Pinf, not the netlogon check.
- I am not hosting multiple domain

- I have enabled SSL and forms-based authentication.  When I access the
site:
https://owa.challengelogistics.com.au/exchange
From inside our network I receive the authentication form, without any
server certificate errors sugggesting the installation of my certificate
worked.

However, when I enter my "domain\username" and password, I receive an
error stating that:

-------------
The page must be viewed over a secure channel
The page you are trying to access is secured with Secure Sockets Layer
(SSL).

Please try the following:

Type https:// at the beginning of the address you are attempting to
reach and press ENTER.

HTTP Error 403.4 - Forbidden: SSL is required to view this resource.
Internet Information Services (IIS)
--------------

Which seems odd as I am accessing it using HTTPS.

Any advice or pointers would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Adrian

IMPORTANT - This email and any attachments is confidential.
If received in error, please contact the sender and delete
all copies of this email. Please note that any use,
dissemination, further distribution or reproduction of this
message in any form is strictly prohibited. Before opening or
using attachments, check them for viruses and defects.
Regardless of any loss, damage or consequence, whether caused
by the negligence of the sender or not, resulting directly or
indirectly from the use of any attached files, our liability
is limited to resupplying any affected attachments.
Any representations or opinions expressed in this email are
those of the individual sender, and not necessarily those
of the Capital Transport Services.