RE: Forcefully changing the Home Server value of a mailbox in 5.5

  • From: "Periyasamy, Raj" <Raj.Periyasamy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 09:46:39 -0500

Chand,
If the mailbox moved and the home server property does not change and
remains the old server name, you can try to change it by running the
Exchange admin in raw mode, and editing the property of the affected
mailbox. You start the admin tool in raw mode by typing admin /r from
../EXCHSRVR/BIN directory.

CAUTION: BE VERY CAREFUL WHILE USING ADMIN /R. YOU CAN CAUSE SERIOUS
DAMAGE TO THE EXCHANGE SCHEMA IF YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE CHANGING.
I DO NOT HAVE EXCHANGE 5.5 IN FRONT OF ME TO TELL YOU THE EXACT STEPS TO
MODIFY THE SCHEMA ATTRIBUTE TO BE CHANGED.

Regards,

Shanmuga Raj Periyasamy   (Raj)
Infineum, Linden NJ
Information Technology