RE: Exchange as a 2ndary backup mail server

  • From: "Ajoy Chundee" <ajoy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 03:48:27 -0700

Well, the problem with the isp is that when I FINGER their server to
retrieve my mail, it says "x number of messages queued", then I see
"connection reset by peer".  They are convinced that when the message
appears mail has already started dequeueing, but I am sure about this
because no new messages come in.

At least 90% of my mail arrives without incident, but I cannot see what
those other messages are.  For many other reasons, I am happy with the
ISP, it's just this one thing that is really getting my goat.

My plan is as follows: the highest priority mx record for my domain points
to my exchange server, and the next one down is the isp's backup server.
I want to put a record in between those two that sends mail to a friend's
exchange server (different ISP) before it queues it on the isp's server.

Ajoy.