Exchange Backups

  • From: "Tony Anderson" <tandersn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 10:31:20 -0700

Hi everyone,

I am having some problems schedulibng the exchange server backups the way I
want too. I have:

Windows 2003 server
Exchange 2003 server
NTBackup
4 SDLT (320GB) tape drives

What seems to happen is that if I use media pools, and "new" tapes, it will
only write one backup set to each tape (1 tape in each of the four drives).
If I write one file to each tape first manually, and then use the media
pool, it will write multiple sets to the first tape, but never continue on
to the next.

I would like to hear about how others are doing this, using NTBackup.

(NOTE: Please don't suggest that I use BackupExec and the Mail agent "Brick
Level" because we used to do it that way, and it takes way to long, we have
too much data on the server).

Tony