Exchange 5.5 to Exchange2003 Migration Issues

  • From: "Barton, Mark" <mark.barton@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Exchange Lists (exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 15:56:51 +0100

Hi All

We are currently in the process of migrating our 20 or so exchange 5.5 sites
to exchange 2003, We have installed exchange 2003 at our head office and all
appears to be OK

All site connectors and IMC are running on a exchange 5.5 in the head office
and remote offices

We are trying to move the site connectors at the head office onto the 2003
exchange server to make them Routing Group Connectors to each 5.5 site.

When we do this mail flows OK when we have 1 or 2 running but as soon as we
move 3 or 4 connectors, Mail backs up and and massive queues form.

I have tried splitting the load across 2 servers and leaving it for a couple
of days to settle down but the mail queue is still backlogged. As soon as we
move the connectors back to 5.5 mail starting flowing normal.

Has anyone come across this problem previously?

Regards

Mark Barton
System Support Officer
V.Ships (UK Ltd)
+ 44 (0)141 305 7763
mailto:mark.barton@xxxxxxxxxx
www.vships.com <http://www.vships.com/>

This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to
whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that
you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination,
forwarding, printing or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this email in error please contact the sender.