Exchange 2003 Mailbox Manager Report

  • From: "Steve Bouse" <sbouse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 10:21:43 -0600

We have 2 new Exchange 2003 SP1 Servers working fine. EX2 (2nd one) does
the 90 day Mailbox Retention (setup per store) with no problems. EX1 is
setup exactly the same way (setup per mailbox store, not LDAP
queries)..and the policy does purge emails of any size/folder beyond 90
days--but the report I get is the one 'Messages that Would Be Moved or
Deleted' (as if it is the Default Policy and 'Generate Report Only'
Selected). The purge policy is set to 'delete immediately' for all stores
it is applying to. I do not get the summary report (to administrator)
indicating what the policy did. It works sometimes, but not others. I have
gone to each EX1 policy (there are 5) and did the 'apply this policy now'
again--but it does not change it. Any help appreciated as I would like to
get the accurate report. The users do get the report of what was purged on
their mailbox, just the summary report is an issue. Thanks. Steve
Bouse/Answerthink MIS/sbouse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx