Re: Exchange 2003 - Add PTR Record

  • From: Danny <nocmonkey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 14:43:08 -0500

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 11:10:34 -0700, Dee <deea@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am getting a Fail on Reverse DNS entries for MX records. I have
> researched how to add and found conflicting info. I'd appreciate any light
> anyone can shed on the subject.

Whoever has been delegated authoritative control over the DNS records
for the IP addresses associated with your mail servers, will need to
fix either the reverse DNS records themselves and/or the servers
responding to those RDNS requests.  Chances are that your ISP remains
in control, and will need to resolve the issue at your request.

...D