RE: Exchange 2000 and GC server down

  • From: "Mike Liddekee" <mliddekee@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 15:40:00 -0500

I guess the question would be is are both A&B acting as DNS servers using
AD-integrated zone and does server C have both servers listed in its IP
properties for DNS servers?  I take one DC or another offline all the time to
install patches, etc and don't have exchange or other servers go offline.  How
do you define "going down?" also do your clients have both DNS servers listed
in their IP properties (or DHCP settings) as well?  If you don't have two DNS
servers applied even though you have two DCs, you haven't accomplished a whole
lot.  What happens if B goes offline?  I assume all is well still.