Event ID 7034 - service terminated unexpectedly

  • From: Jabber Wock <jabberwock99@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 05:48:09 -0500

Hi,

I am seeing a lot of messages in the System event log for SMTP, POP, IMAP,
and the Exchante Routing Engine:

Event ID: 7034
The Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) service terminated unexpectedly.
It has done this 6 time(s)

The Microsoft Exchange Routing Engine service terminated unexpectedly.  It
has done this 2 time(s).

etc.

The server is a Windows 2003 SP1 running Exchange 2003 SP2, all with latest
updates.  Any ideas or suggestions where I should look?  The only KB info I
was able to find says to apply the security updates and suggests the server
is infected with Code Red but it is not (at least, Panda AV says it is not).

JW