EX2K poor performance

  • From: "Mark Hippenstiel" <M.Hippenstiel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 20:26:08 +0200

Hi folks,

I wonder if anybody has a clue as to my performance problem. Remember I
did a fresh install on a 'new' machine (PIII 700, 650MB, W2KSP4)? I had
the users migrated by simply copying stuff to pst file and then back to
the new system (new domain, new accounts) since I gave up messing
exmig.exe finally :)

Admittedly, my personal mailbox is quite big, we're talking about 370MB
in 25K objects, but this wouldn't normally justify for a 5 sec lag would
it? The server machine is running at 800MB and has a cpu load of around
8 to 10% if nothing else happens. I searched the KB but it didn't
provide any useful hints.

Network is fine, all done and set, no problem here... Client is
XP/OfficeXP with lastest service packs applied on a 1.4GHz/512MB
machine.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Mark