RE: Details of "unable to Mount Mail Box Store"

  • From: "Andy David" <adavid@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 09:38:17 -0500

Inline

________________________________

From: Shahir Ahmed Ansari [mailto:shahiransari@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, December 31, 2005 2:43 AM
To: [ExchangeList]
Cc: shahir
Subject: [exchangelist] Details of "unable to Mount Mail Box Store"

http://www.MSExchange.org/

HI

Thanks everyone for prompt reply.

Here are details.

I work in an organization where I shutdown my all servers in the
evening.

            Why? That's crazy.

We are using exchange 2003 and windows2000 Advance server.

In the morning when I started my exchange server machine, its LAN card
was uninstalled, I tried a lot to install but unable to install (it
happens usually when your machine is infected by virus) so I tried to
use Norton antivirus for virus scanning but antivirus was unable to
start scanning .finally

I fixed this hard drive to another system as a slave drive and scanned
for virus,

After scanning, I put this hard drive back in to exchange server.

Any Viruses?  That wouldn't have been my first step, but ok.

Now I was able to install LAN card.

After installing LAN card, exchange mailbox store was un mounted.

Errors in the event logs?

When I tried to mount mailbox store I received this message (An internal
processing error

Has occurred. try restarting the Exchange system Manager or the
Microsoft Exchange Information store service, or both. ID no: c1041724
Exchange system Manager)

Event viewer application error is (The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed
with the following errorThe Microsoft Exchange Server computer is not
available.Either there are Network Problems or the Microsoft Exchange
Server computer is down for maintenance.The MAPI provider failed
Microsoft Exchange Server Information store ID no:
8004011d-0526-00000000)

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/wontmount.msp

"What to Do When an Exchange Store Won't Mount"

I think now I have provided all information.

Regards,

shahir