[ExchangeList] Re: Deleted item Retention

  • From: "tony afriyie" <tony.afriyie@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 11:03:18 -0500

Kapoor,

 The best way to recover this Public folder is to simply highlight the
parent folder, and choose Tools --> Recover Deleted Items. The public folder
should appear in the list of items that can be recovered. When you recover
an entire public, (Recovered) will be appended to the folder name, but you
can rename the folder back to the original name.

I think the most common mistake that some users make when they attempt to
recover a deleted public folder is that they try to do so when they are not
the owner of the folder that was deleted or the owner of its parent folder.

Use the tools inside Outlook first to always recover deleted items first,
and if for some reason you can't recover them, go back to your backup tapes
and restore them. I hope this information will help you out. Peace out.

Tony

  _____