Creating Exchange Profiles on Outlook 2002

  • From: "Steve Whitney" <swhitney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 10:51:49 -0700

I have created new users on an active directory domain, running an
integrated exchange 2000 server.  The users are able to login to the
domain with the user name and password I create and map printers,
dirctories, etc..  The only problem is when I try to create an outlook
profile for them.  When I enter the server name and username, then click
check name,  I receive a message that says, user not found in address
book.  The workaround for this is to open Exchange Active Direcotry Users
and Computers and edit the first name of the new user.  I simply add a 1
to the first name and hit apply (I can removed the 1 immediately and then
It is the act of editing the user name on the server that allows me to see
it in Exchange.  This just started happening and I can find no reason why.