Complete Replica of Exchange 2000 Server for Disaster recovery

  • From: "Claus Drotsky" <claus.drotsky@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 02:05:08 -0700

Hi all,

I am trying to implement a disater recovery site for an exchange 2000
implementation. I want to keep all exchange 2000 information (private
stores, public folders, users, etc.) on another server at a completely
different location as the original exchange server. I would like to
replicate all information on an hourly basis to the backup server. When
the original server fails (crashes), I should be able to point the clients
to the backup server within a few minutes. I know replication can be set
up for Public folders, but what about your Private store and AD
information. Can anyone out there please help with this.

Thanx a mill