Clients appear to hang on replies

  • From: "Chris Hughes" <chrish@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 14:25:34 -0700

I have an Exchange 5.5 server SP3 on a network with app. 60 users all
using Outlook97 or Outlook2000. Periodically (2 or 3 times a day)when
replying to emails the program appears to hang for app.60 to 75 seconds
after you hit the send button. Afterward the email may sit in the outbox
for upto 2 or 2.5 minutes before it is sent. I can't find a common thread
to the emails so I believe it to be either a network issue or more
probably an exchange server problem. Any help would be appreciated.
Chris Hughes