RE: Checklist for Installing Service Pack 2 on Exchange 2003 with a Blackberry Enterprise Server.

  • From: "Joe DeRuvo" <joed@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 16:58:11 -0800

Everyone:

To all who have commented on this issue:  I have called Blackberry Tier 3 today
to verify if Exchange Service Pack 2 needs to be installed on the Blackberry
Server.  Based on the version of BES that I currently have (3.6.6.5), I do not
have to install SP2 on the BES.  Version 3.6.6.5 also indicated that I have MS
Service Pack 1 installed on the BES.  I verified this by checking the versions
of the mapi32.dll and cdo.dll on the BES (both versions matched).  The BB Tech
recommended to reboot the BES after SP2 was applied to the Exchange server and
rebooted.

I would like to thank everyone for their help.  Your information has helped
alot.

Thanks,

Joe