Cannot add an additional mailbox to a MAPI profile - KB833399

  • From: Roger Mackenzie <r.mackenzie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'exchange-2003@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <exchange-2003@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 16:55:17 -0000

Folks,

        We are getting a problem adding additional mailboxes to a MAPI
profile for users who do not have administrative rights in an Exchange 5.5
directory. This seems to date from the point where we introduced our first
Exchange 2003 server into our mixed mode Exchange organisation.

        The solution in this knowledge base article (833399) works but the
problem is not as described in the article.

        Has anyone met issues like this and found an underlying cause or
resolution. Whilst we can apply the 833399 resolution on PCs we cannot on
MACs which seem to suffer a variant of this problem where the user cannot
connect his mailbox at all when creating a new profile. It is again
circumventable by logging in with Admin credentials but does not survive
logging off Outlook.

Regards, Roger Mackenzie (Glasgow University)