RE: Can not receive mail from Internet

  • From: MILBEN TAN <itpreneur@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "\[ExchangeList\]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 17:02:36 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Carlos:

Yes, Mark is right. During the first time I've
installed Exchange 2000 I have talked with my ISP to
register my own domain name and register an IP address
pointing to Mail Exchange Pointer(MX Record) which you
must be able to configure in DNS SERVER. I was
experimenting if I could be able to configure my own
exchange server even through a proxy server but it
wasted a lot of my time and now considering to work
directly my ISP on how to configure my ISP. Maybe, I
would suggest that you list all the steps you did from
installation of exchange server upto configuring your
SMTP and POP3,DNS,etc. Make all details submit to this
list or privately so that we could what went wrong in
your procedure.

regards,

melvin

HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs