Re: Best way to upgrade Exchane 5.5 on NT4 BDC to win2000 Member Serv er

  • From: <paul_lemonidis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 13:46:18 -0000

Best way to upgrade Exchane 5.5 on NT4 BDC to win2000 Member ServerHi Noam

You cannot demote an NT4 BDC other than by completely rebuilding it. Therefore
one option is to promote it to the PDC and then do an in-place upgrade to AD on
the server in question. You could theoretically upgrade all the member servers
first but this is not the MS recommended path. They suggest upgrading the PDC
first hence why I would suggest promoting your BDC. Alternatively you could
just upgrade the current PDC of course.

Hope that helps. Don't heistate to get back to me if I can help further at all.

Regards,

Paul Lemonidis.