RE: Backup

  • From: "Walkowiak, Matt" <Matt.Walkowiak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 09:34:58 -0500

Hrmmm....

I still have not yet learned exactly what that M: drive is used for.
Obviously it is apart of Exchange and used in OWA a little, but beyond
that....  I know you don't want to scan it for viruses - really mess
things up.  I tend to leave it alone as much as possible.

What I DO do is to backup all of the physical drives and system state,
but I also backup the Exchange stuff.  When you install exchange, it
installs a different version of ntbackup that has code that will backup
exchange directly.  There should be a check box at the same level as the
drives and system state that says something about Microsoft
Exchange.....

Matt